Bitcoin : My experience setting up BTCPay Server on Ubuntu 18.04 first using manual and then docker method
Few days ago, I asked how to accept Bitcoins as a payment on the website and /u/BTC_Forever and others pointed me to BTCPayServer, After many hiccups and technical realizations I was able to complete the installation of BTCPayServer.
– BTCPayServer-Docker I think does not require manual installation of Bitcoin core, NBExplorer and LetsEncrypt’
– Ubuntu Partition could be resized without losing any data
– Email Server settings requires SMTP connection information
– Domain and SPF records needs to be configured
– Pay Button do not require BTCPay WooCommerce Plugin.
– Segwit and Standard address only differs in the address format but are on same blockchain
– Private Keys are not stored on the server, so you can use VPS hosting
Confirmation from Experts
Although I am pretty sure, but nevertheless require confirmation from experts regarding following things
– Does BTCPayServer-Docker, installs all components required for e.g. NBXplorer, Bitcoin Node, letsencrypt
– If the BTCPAYGEN_ADDITIONAL_FRAGMENTS is used, is the node still a full node
– Segwit wallet if possible should be used instead of Standard wallet
– SMTP is being used to authenticate user account so SPF may not be required.
Go with BTCPayServer-Docker, it will save you 72hrs and few nights of sleep.
– Install Ubuntu 18.04
– Install .NET Core
– Configure DNS, Create A or CNAME Record and Add IP to SPF
– Install using BTCPay Server-Docker.
– Create Store, Download Walle and Add Derivation Scheme,
– Thanks and Donate to Nicolas Dorier.
Edit: Fixed the Formatting.
Bitcoin is a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority.
FindCrypto scans the web for the latest Bitcoin news, so you can find all the latest and breaking news in one convenient location.Author: WordPressDelta
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !