Ethereum update: Configure M.2 Adapter in the Asus Z270-A Prime Motherboard
Hi, I just bought the EXPLOMOS M.2 Key M NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card, 4 PIN Power Cable (2 Pack)
My rig has 7 cards by now, I want to add the 8th one using the M.2 adapter.
1. Which settings should I change in the BIOS?
2. Some people says I shouldn’t connect the 4 pin cable and some other says I should connect it. Do you have experience with this adapter? (I think so)
3. Which M.2 port should I use?
4. If I have 2 risers connected to a molex cable, should I connect the M.2 adapter to the same cable? (In case question 2 is affirmative).
5. I’ve read there are some conflicts between the sata port where my SDD is connected to and the M.2 adapter. Is this true?
I appreciate any recommendations you can give me.
Update: I connected the M.2 adapter to the M.2_1 port without connecting the 4 pin cable and it worked perfectly! Also, I selected the PCI-E mode in the BIOS and just connected my RX580 card. It worked fine without issues.
Also, I didn’t have any conflicts with my sata SSD disk.
Thank you everyone for your help!
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !