Ethereum update: How to become Ethereum developer? | Everything you need to know!
# Milestone #1: Understanding The Basics
One of the biggest hurdles with anything as new and revolutionary, such as the blockchain technology, is familiarizing oneself with various concepts integral to the system.
**If you are a beginner, then there are certain terms that you need to be familiar with:**
* **Blockchain:** [The blockchain ](https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/)is a chain of blocks where each block contains data of value without any central supervision. It is cryptographically secure and immutable.
* **Decentralized:** Blockchain is said to be decentralized because there is no central authority supervising anything.
* **Consensus Mechanism:** The mechanism by which a [decentralized network comes to a consensus](https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-cryptoeconomics/) on certain matters.
* **Miners:** Users who use their computational power to mine for blocks.
# Milestone #2: Learn How The Process Works
**Decentralized :** A blockchain isn’t stored in one place — it has no center. It is stored across many different computers. These computers are called *nodes*. Blockchains are called *peer-to-peer networks* because there are no third parties like Microsoft, Google, or Facebook involved.
**Public :** All the information on a blockchain is public. This means that everyone can see it.
**Guided by Consensus :** This means that before new information is added to the blockchain, more than half of the nodes have to agree that it is valid before it is added. It protects the blockchain from fraud.
**Immutable :** This means that once information is added it can’t be changed or removed. Information on a blockchain is protected by This means that it is encrypted and nearly impossible to hack.
# Milestone #3: Let’s get coding! Ethereum Tutorial
There are many tutorials available. Here is the link of all compiled tutorials to meet the needs of blockchain developer. These tutorials are developed for beginner and intermediate learners :
1. **Best Ethereum Solidity beginner level tutorials :** [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtT6vcvLo6vHv3EmtsqiQBxy](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtT6vcvLo6vHv3EmtsqiQBxy)
2. **Best Ethereum DApp beginner level tutorial series :** [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtQbSVPIkYzyMczxudsmWiW0](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtQbSVPIkYzyMczxudsmWiW0)
3. **Learn Ethereum Smart contract in 20 mins | Healthcare sector :** [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtRWgKX-9GoSuKpaDYYAJ5yi](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtRWgKX-9GoSuKpaDYYAJ5yi)
1. **Create own Ethereum ERC20 Cryptocurrency token tutorial series** *(Release : 20 Sept 2018)* **:** [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtQJ3Ne1nkBbrQpD7L8C36SF](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtQJ3Ne1nkBbrQpD7L8C36SF)
2. **Learn Crowdsale ICO – Ethereum ERC20 tokens tutorial series** *(Release 7 Oct 2018)* **:** [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtTCwvXKE14pBIhPWLfDBajA](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL5pYVd8AWtTCwvXKE14pBIhPWLfDBajA)
3. **Introduction to Ethereum mining :** *Coming Soon*
For more information visit : [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3Rrg2t4PZ59Sna497DUZA?sub_confirmation=1](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3Rrg2t4PZ59Sna497DUZA?sub_confirmation=1)
Stay tuned for more updates…!
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !