Ethereum update: Proof-of-Stake vs delegated Proof-of-Stake
Some issues about Proof-of-Stake:
– if only big actors can stake, consensus of stakers for development might be different than for the general users
– if inflation were anything material, the general public would get a worse asset than big stakers and actually potentially a worse asset than in more inflationary proof-of-work environments
– point 1 and 2 might work to together for a problem as big stakers might like a higher inflation rate
Advantages of delegated Proof-of-Stake:
– consensus of stakers will represent the interest of all holders
– inflation is not a big issue if staking is simple
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !