Ethereum update: Ethereum on ARM. NanoPC-T4 image with official Armbian support. Lots of stability improvements and clients upgrade. Geth and Parity sync metrics. Documentation update.
As expected, Armbian officially supports the NanoPC-T4 board  and there are several stability and performance improvements. These are EthArmbian main changes:
– Switched to Ubuntu Bionic 18.04
– After running into some DB inconsistencies because of high CPU temperature, cpufreq is set to conservative policy and the max frequency is limited for all cores. These issues can be fixed by installing a fan, though
– Cache size changed to 1024GB and added 4GB swap file (only if NVMe drive is detected) for avoiding memory issues
– Updated both clients to latest stable versions
For install instructions please visit Github README 
Parity blockchain size is 32GB and the whole sync process takes about 3:30 hours.
Geth blockchain size is 127GB and it takes 2 days 11 hours days to sync. State entries import goes to 218 Million.
I think these are pretty good numbers taking into account that there are a lot of people with decent hardware trying to sync the whole blockchain with no success.
Both clients sync the Ethereum blockchain quite fine. Geth is set as the default client for supporting Light clients but you can easily switch from one to another (see github Readme) .
Documentation on Github is updated with detailed information about the image features, how to get the node up and running and some frequently asked questions.
The image is not rock solid yet but pretty stable to sync the blockchain and run a full node with both clients.
Give it a try.
–  https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t4
–  https://github.com/diglos/userpatches
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !