Ethereum update: Rig Not Booting When Connected to GPU
I’m building an Ethereum mining rig using:
* MSI Z170-A Pro motherboard
* Intel Celeron G3900 CPU
* Patriot Memory Viper Elite Series DDR4 4GB RAM
* Radeon RX 580 GPUs
* Corsair HXi Series, HX1000i, 1000W PSU
* SingleMining OS
Right now, I have a single GPU on the rig. When I power the rig, the PSU, CPU and GPU start but SMOS does not boot up. If I remove the SMOS USB stick, the BIOS setup does not boot up either. If I unplug the GPU and leave everything the same
* SMOS boots up normally, but then I get an error message (“There is no screen to be attached matching miner.”) because there is no GPU connected to the rig; or
* If I remove the SMOS USB stick, I can boot up and change the BIOS setup.
Here’s what I’ve tried to solve the problem so far:
* I changed the BIOS set up to PEG0 = Gen2, PCI latency timer = 96, Above 4G decoding = Enabled
* I swapped out the CPU
* I swapped out the GPU
* I swapped out the powered riser
Nothing is working. Does anyone has an idea of what is going on? This is driving me crazy!
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Don’t forget to share the post if you love it !